Stafford Township Police Traffic Unit
The traffic unit is comprised of one full time officer and serves as the primary unit responsible for investigating serious / fatal vehicle crashes. Officers within the unit have specialized training in crash scene examination, vehicle examination, roadway engineering, physics and other math intensive courses.
- Identify high crash areas, analyze data and apply problem solving techniques in the problem areas.
- Aggressively investigate citizen complaints and enforce all applicable traffic laws and regulations.
- Utilize advanced technology in the analysis of problem areas such as stealth radar trackers, variable message boards, radar details etc.
- Analyzes traffic crash data to identify problem areas and develop solutions by working closely with the New Jersey Department of Transportation and the Ocean County Engineering Department.
- The Unit answers and responds to citizen concerns related to vehicular traffic and in resolving issues.
Goals include fostering a close working relationship with our citizens and visitors and addressing identified traffic concerns through the use of education, engineering and enforcement.
A large majority of citizen contact with the police department is in regard to some sort of traffic issue. The traffic unit is responsible for investigating the complaint and putting together an action plan that adequately addresses the complaint. All complaints are investigated thoroughly and are documented in a traffic complaint database.
There are a variety of tools that are used such as a variable message board (VMB), traffic counters, radar recorders, a radar detail or adding additional signage if necessary on roadways to address complaints.
If you wish to bring a concern or traffic related issue to the attention of the Stafford Township Police Traffic Safety Unit please